Plan travel itineraries, advise clients, book transportation, research travel information, and assure client satisfaction for travel agency customers.
Areas of Accountability / Tasks
- Plan and sell transportations, accommodations, and other travel services
- Cooperate with clients to determine their needs and advise them appropriate supplier travel options and accommodations
- Provide relevant information, (visas, customs, maps, regulations, etc) based on travelers destinations
- Deal with occurring travel problems, complaints or refunds
- Enter data into BTM systems and maintain client files
- Optimize use of BTM’s preferred suppliers as directed and applicable with each client
- Participate fully as a team member assisting as needed in completing all functions required to service the customer including ticket processing, reporting functions, research, etc.
- Quote client with lowest price for the service requested
- Compare fares with online offering.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with company employees to foster and promote a cooperative team oriented working climate conducive to maximizing productivity and efficiency.
Required Skills / Years of Experience / Education
- Experience (>5 years preferred)
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communications Skills and Proper English grammar
- Excellent Follow-Through
- Cross Functional Collaboration
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to function in fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability to consistently deliver excellent customer service, internally and externally
- Numerical ability; strong attention to detail
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment while identifying and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Sabre / Amadeus experience (>5 years preferred)
- Preferred proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field