The Bonner Center for Service Learning & Civic Engagement at Carson-Newman University is excited to host an Appalachian Summit on Service Learning Pedagogy & Practice on February 1, 2014.
The Bonner Center is currently accepting workshop proposals that meet the following guiding questions:
1. How to coordinate a project or event across multiple courses and disciplines?
2. How do community partners and faculty design courses and work together as co-educators?
3. What is the most effective way to assess the value of service learning for community partners and students alike?
4. What are student development opportunities that link service learning and civic engagement with institutional civic missions?
Therefore, workshop proposals should fit into at least one of the following categories:
1. Skill-based tools and practices
2. Appalachian community development
3. Student Development
*Workshops will take place the first half of the Summit, with sessions running from 9:00am to 10:15am and 10:30am to 11:45am.