We collect, use, process and store personal information and, in some cases, Sensitive Information about you in order to comply with our legal obligations and in order to assess your claim (‘purposes’). By providing us or your intermediary with your Information, you consent to our use of this Information which includes us disclosing your Information where relevant for the purposes, to your intermediary, affiliates of the Zurich Insurance Group Ltd, other insurers and reinsurers, to our service providers (including loss adjusters and investigators), insurance reference bureaus, our business partners or as required by law within Australia or overseas. If you do not provide the requested information or consent to its collection and disclosure as described above, the assessment of your claim may be delayed or we may not accept the claim.
Zurich may obtain Information from government offices and third parties to assess a claim in the event of loss or damage.
Please provide the following information/documentation where possible with your claim form:
Bill of lading/airway bill/consignment note (showing terms and conditions)
Customes enttry form
Wharf delivery docket
Quotation for repair/replacement
Any other evidence of loss or damage including photographs
Original insurance certificate (not required if we issued the policy)
Copy of your written "letter of demand" to the carrier/port authority/other or bailee and any response
It is the duty of the Assured and their Agents, in all cases, to take such measures as may be reasonable, for the purpose of averting or minimizing a loss and to ensure that all rights against carriers, bailees or other third parties are properly preserved and exercised.
1. To claim immediately on the carriers, port authorities or other bailees for any missing packages.
2. In no circumstances, except under written protest , to give clean receipts where goods are in doubtful condition.
3. When delivery is made by container, to ensure that the container and its seals are examined immediately by their responsible official. If the container is delivered damaged or with seals broken or missing or with seals other than as stated in the shipping documents, to clause the delivery receipt accordingly and retain all defective or irregular seals for subsequent identification.
4. To apply immediately for survey by carriers or other bailees’ Representatives if any loss or damage to apparent and claim on the Carriers or other bailees for any actual loss or damage found at such survey.
5. To give notice in writing to the Carriers or other bailees within three days of delivery if the loss or damage was not apparent at the time of taking delivery.