Responsibility of Group
It is the responsibility of the group to be aware of all Oswegatchie Educational Center policies and ensure that all policies are followed by all attendees using the facility.
Deposit and Payment
A deposit is required by all groups and must be received by the center in order for a booking to become official. Payment of the balance is due within 15 days after the program's start date. If the balance is not received within 30 days, service fees may apply. A $50 service fee will be charged for returned checks. Payment should be made by check payable to the Oswegatchie Educational Center.
A minimum guarantee of attendance must be received seven days prior to your event. This is the minimum number that will be charged. The originally projected number will be the minimum number used if no minimum guarantee is received seven days before arrival. The actual billed number may increase upon arrival.
0-7 days prior to the event
80% of total estimated revenue
8-30 days prior to the event
40% of total estimated revenue
31+ days prior to the event
loss of deposit
In the event that a school group must cancel due to school closure, special considerations will be made. Special considerations may also be made if a group cancels 60+ days prior to the event, but is able to rebook within the same calendar year.
The Oswegatchie Educational Center does not assume responsibility for damage to, or loss of, any property, equipment, or personal belongings, left or damaged prior to or following an event. The Oswegatchie Educational Center is not liable for any bodily injury while at the facility that occurs of the users' own acts or omissions.
Groups will be charged for replacement or repair of any and all damages to the facility, equipment, and furnishings that occurred during your stay. Tampering with or disturbing camp property or equipment may result in dismissal from the property. All groups are responsible for building and grounds clean-up before departure. If Oswegatchie deems that custodial services are required the group will be charged.
Alcohol / Drug Policy
The possession of illegal drugs and alcohol is prohibited. If anyone is seen with or suspected to possess illegal drugs or alcohol, they will be asked to leave the premises. For adult groups, alcohol waivers may be obtained through the main office. Smoking on the property is discouraged but permitted in designated areas. Smoking is not permitted inside any buildings or on trails.
Certification of Insurance
A certification of insurance showing coverage of $500,000 bodily injury must be received before the date for your program. For questions about this policy please, contact Todd Lighthall at our main office 315-346-1222.
Sledding is at your own risk! NY State law prohibits ice fishing on Oswegatchie’s Ponds. Oswegatchie prohibits groups from hiking or playing on the pond ice.
Every group will have 1 adult supervisor for every 8 youth aged 9-14 or 1 adult supervisor for every 10 youth aged 15-18. Groups will also provide adult supervision of both genders. Groups are responsible for the supervision of their youth at all times!
· It is strongly recommended that an individual with no less than current Red Cross Standard First Aid Certification accompany your group.
· All groups MUST provide their own first aid kit.
· Groups should appoint a vehicle and driver from their group to transport anyone who needs treatment away from our facility. Ambulance services from the town of Croghan are available if conditions require this action.
· Groups should require all participants to list emergency contact information, and be aware of any medical concerns such as allergies or health conditions.
· A.E.D on-premises.
· Emergency phone number is 911
· Quiet hours in the main rooms, kitchen, and yard shall be 11:00 pm-7:00 am.
· Groups are expected to complete a full clean-up of the lodge before they depart, cleaning supplies will be provided by Oswegatchie.
· Oswegatchie does not provide personal items or bedding.
· Please contact the facility before arrival for our pet policy.