Application Checklist for Graduate Admissions
All requirements for formal admission to a Graduate Degree or Licensure program must be met prior to the completion of the first nine (9) semester hours of course work applicable to to the degree/license. Courses taken as an "Unclassified" graduate student may not necessarily be applied to graduate degree requirements.
In order to be formally admitted to a graduate program, students must:
1. Hold a baccaluareate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
2. Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work to the Washburn University Department of Education Office, 1700 SW College Ave, Topeka, KS 66621
3. Fill out a Declaration of Graduate Program Form http://www.washburn.edu/academics/college-schools/arts-sciences/departments/education/admissions/admissions-files/grad-declaration.pdf
4. Submit a completed Application for Formal Admission to Graduate Programs in Professional Education to the Department of Education
5. Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or betterin the last (60 hours) of college course work from accredited institutions.
6. Take and achieve the requred passing score on the Graduate Admissions Test administrated by the Department of Education. http://www.washburn.edu/academics/college-schools/arts-sciences/departments/education/admissions/graduate-requirements.html#gat
Alternately, a passing score on the GRE or MAT may be accepted. Note Students who currently hold a Master's degree or hgher and are pursuing an additional graduate program do not have to take;pass a Graduate Admissions Test.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Required Scores - Verbal Reasoning - 150 or above, Quantitative Reasoning - 150 or above, Analytical Writing - 4.5 or above
Miller Analogies Test (MAT) Required Score - 394 or above
7. Submit two letters of recommendation from supervisors and/or professional peers. One must be from a supervisor (These letters must be from someone other than the candidate's Graduate Program Advisor).
8. Sign and Attach the Professional Conduct Disposition Form - http://www.washburn.edu/academics/college-schools/arts-sciences/departments/education/admissions/admissions-files/professional-conduct-form.pdf
9. Provide a copy of your current teaching license if applicable.
10. Meet with your program advisor to submit a completed Program of Study form.
Building Leadership P-12 (M.Ed and Licensure only)
District Leadership P-12 (Licensure only)
Adaptive Special Education K-6, 6-12 (M.Ed and Licensure only)
Reading Specialist (M.Ed and Licensure only)
Curriculum & Instruction with emphasis in Literacy (M.Ed)
Curriculum & Instruction with emphasis in Educational Technology (M.Ed)
Curriculum & Instruction in Contant Area - Art, Educational Foundations, Mathematics, Social Science
It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure all application materials are submitted by the admission review date.
NOTE: All admission requirements must be satisfied prior to a recommendation for provisional or regular teaching license. Students not meeting one of the above requirements should contact an advisor to discuss an alternate route to admissions.
Assiatance: If you have any questions regarding Admission Requirements to Graduate Professional Education, please contact the Department of Education, Carnegie Hall Room 202, 785-670-1427