Procedures for CPS Course Authorizations
1. What is Course Authorization?
Authorization is permission to register for a CPS department course.
Authorization is not registration.
A student must register after the authorization is granted.
If authorization is granted that student will have
5 days to register for the class
If the student does not register within the time allowed the authorization will be removed . This is especially important in the case of overflow requests.
* Completing this form does not ensure a seat in a class . Authorization is performed independently on a first come, first serve basis. Student records are used to determine eligibility for the course requested for authorization. For some courses, additional authorization may be necessary.
2. What to use this form for:
a. Error Messages - If you receive any error message or more than one error message, please document the details of the error message in the Error Message area on the form.
b. Closed Classes - If you are using this form to request an overflow into a full class, please indicate that where noted on page one. Kim Ford will check to see if an overflow into the class is available.
c. Program Cohort Classes – If you are part of a program cohort group and would like to register for a cohort section within the first 10 days of registration , fill out this form. If you are NOT part of a program cohort group and would like to register for a cohort section after the first 10 days of registration , fill out this form.
3. What happens after I submit my course authorization form:
When you complete a online course authorization form, CPS will check your student records to see if you meet the prerequisite requirements and eligibility for the course.
You will receive notice of authorization approval via email within 24-48 hours.
4. Non-CPS Students
If you are a Non-CPS student, please be sure to complete the "Non-CPS Student" areas on the form.
Items 1–3 listed above also apply to Non-CPS students. Non-CPS students wishing to take CPS courses will be given consideration via the Course Authorization Form at the end of regular registration . On the first day
of late registration authorizations will be given for the selected classes with consideration to consent from the
5. GA TAP Students - This form does not negate GA TAP rules. Items 1-4 listed above apply to GA TAP students as well. Completing the form appropriately will help to inform the department of your status.
ADDITIONAL AUTHORIZATION LIST / NOTES:
·CPS 8400 Play Therapy: School Counseling students have priority.
·CPS 8450 Advanced Group: always require approval of instructor.
·CPS 8600 Advanced Play Therapy: always requires approval of instructor.
·CPS 8970 Facilitating Adventure Therapy and Education: always require approval of instructor.
NO AUTHORIZATIONS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ONLINE COURSES!!
ADDING A CLOSED CLASS
When registering for a class marked CLOSED, after you have received the email authorizing you to add the class (email will say, "the authorization is on you may add the class,")
1. You need to go into GoSolar to the Registration Menu
2. Register under Drop/Add/Withdraw classes.
3. Select Term of the class you want to add
5. Click on the "ADD" button.
*If you get another error message (ex. Prerequisite test score error…), you should complete another form and be sure to include the error message.